Saturday, February 6, 2010
Perspective if a deaf person in the hearing world.
Imagine a kid who is alone over half of the time. has alot of friends, but usually likes 2 b alonee. I'm that kid you see in the hallway walking alone, and for the first time she is actually alone. She shows no emotion, she pretends to be happy but it tears her up inside, It is the classic story of change. People are starting to become more accepting, but there are still people who discriminate. In fact a few weeks ago I got hit by several snowballs and I also got hit in the face. Society is unfair, being deaf and growing up in a hearing world isnt so simple. you know what pisses me off is when people dont realize how lucky they are to have the life they have, God knows they could of be worse off. People actually have the nerve of standing and saying this to me. Oh my gosh it is so awesome being deaf, I wish I were deaf. I would give everything I had, well maybe not everything but I would give up alot of things just to be able to hear normally, not tohave kids point at me and ask whats that in your ear, Not to have people joke about me being a robot, just to be normal. Sometimes I wonder how different my life would be if I was not born deaf. now back to my story, The classic story of change is something that I want to see in the world. People who don't judge, people who can be trusted, and people that I could trust my life with. People who I know that are different, people who arent afraid to reach out, people who dont prejudice, people who are honest and hardworking. I want every person to make a goal, I want every person to understand other people. with out hate naturally. Parents are usually to blame, they taught their kids the values of their society and dont punish their kids. They dont realize the importance to changing the next generation but we do. We need to fight to break the cycle of hate, discrimanation, violence, and hurting others, just because we dont like a value of their society, they have their right to a opinion but we have a right to live our lives with out fear of what will happen next. Parents need to start teaching their kids a value that fits all societies. but I'm not here to bash your parenting style but I am here to tell you, pretty soon the world will change, either for the good or bad. but it isnt right to discriminate against any type of person, God made us all and he intended for us to be exactly the way we are. Simple humans cannot understand the importance of making this generation better. To be able to understand is to live through alot of things in your life time. And I dont mean to sound pushy, but we need to change.. EVERY ONE NEEDS TO CHANGE.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment